My Mobile Day

I remember losing my phone for an entire day, believe me, I was lost the entire day, everything felt different.
Ever been in that situation where you are in an elevator with somebody you barely know, so you pull out your 
phone just to get out of the awkwardness?
 
I remember, roughly 2 years ago I was so addicted to my phone that I used to feel it vibrating in my pocket 
even though it used to be on charge ;) I am a recovering addict now.
 
So usually, my day starts by listening to spiritual songs from Krishna Das on Amazon Music, 
Then to give me that morning dopamine rush I scroll through Instagram, watch YouTube videos 
(usually new-tech releases), and then start my day!
 
The three applications that I HEAVILY depend on throughout the day as an immigrant are 
BOTIM, google maps, and apple wallet. 
 
I practically never carry my wallet thanks to Apple wallet! IT IS SO SMOOTH AND INSTANT,
it is frightening how fast it is, does not give me the time to think about my stupid purchase decisions.
Please suggest money management tips in the comments below (praying hands emoji).
 
Google maps help me get through the day in this alien country, from TTC schedules to directions to 
CN tower (just tourist things). The accuracy of maps is commendable.  
 
BOTIM is the only app I can use to communicate with my family back in Dubai 
(Major social media platforms cannot process Video Calls in Dubai due to Security laws).
Hence, I am heavily dependent on BOTIM whenever I miss my family and want to see them. 
 
Sometimes I just think how life would have been without smart phones for our ancestors,
I mean in this era you practically can never get lost, never be without cash,
never not be entertained, and more.
 
I use applications like a Facebook marketplace, JD Sports, and Amazon to shop occasionally.
WhatsApp, Botim, and Facetime help me connect with my loved ones worldwide.
 
Pinterest helps the creative part of my mind in check, as an illustrator, I need to stay in touch
with art and artists, and to maintain the original art I use Behance, it works as my portfolio!
 
Uber Eats and Door Dash delivery partners are my knights in shining armor. Being a student
who works part-time at Bricks along with my post-graduate program, finding time to cook a ravish, 
hunger-satisfying, and tasty meal is a recurring obstacle. This is where these apps become life savers, 
be it 3 pm or 3 am, something can be ordered through these for my constantly hungry stomach. 

The only application that caused me friction is the PRESTO app, since a month I have been trying to 
make a PRESTO account to load more cards, but the app keeps crashing on my phone and the screen goes 
blackout, it was very inconvenient for me, hence ultimately, I had to use my desktop to make my account. 
 
PRESTO needs to update their backlinks on its application and make the experience as fast as when
it deducts money from the account ;)
 
This was my overall experience using a phone for an entire day! Let me know if you can relate….


Comments